The woven scraf is finished and then I just wanted to sew a nice sleeve or furoshiki for it which went toally out of hand. And I ended up with this doily-like cloth.
I like those old embroidered doilies but would never ever use them. Over the years I collected quite a few and always wanted to try a patchwork piece with them. So when I pondered about the furoshiki for the scarf I pulled three embroidered doilies out of my stash and together with a embroidered pillowcase I sewed them together. Quilted the piece onto some old flanell bed sheet and the whole cloth on an indigo dyed napkin. To cover the cut border I used some dyed chiffon. And am quite pleased with it. But somehow the scarf became a mere addendum. So what, I just hope the recipient will like it.